To Do List
Wednesday, May 23, 2012
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Here is my official list of projects to do. I have papers all over my desk with urls and ideas I'd like to try...but I think keeping a list here will make my life easier, and more likely motivate me to actually do them.............you may want to join me!
I will be updating the list regularly - adding more, and crossing out what is done (hopefully).
Sewing Projects:
Fabric Dollhouse
Clear Toy Storage Bags
Boy Pants     -  (completed link)
Pajama Eater
2d Character Softie
Hair Scrunchies
Princess Pavillion Tent
Arabic Fabric Book
Ironing Board Cover - (completed link)
Mowgli, Bagheera & Akela Costume -(completed link)
Rag Doll
Chef Hat
Art Case
Mail Holder
Football Thobes - (completed link)
Tinkerbell Costume
Cowboy Costume - (completed link)
Cinderella Dress
Back With Buckets
Puppet Theater
Carrot House

Crochet Projects:
Football Kufi (skull cap) - (completed link)
Crochet Doll
Seven Petal Flower
African Flower Purse
Bunny

Craft Projects:
Magnetic Paper Dolls
Fabric Labels
Jungle Theme Eid Cards - (completed link)
Vines - (completed link)
Eid Banner - (completed link)
Cool Book Shelf
Popsicle Bracelets
Stamp making
Subway Art
Ribbon Bookmarks
Mural for orphanage
City painting

Kids Activities to try with my nephews:
Islamic Play using paperclip pics
Shadow puppets
Jungle Book Diorama
Batik Letters
Shower Curtain Village
Carton Wallet

Food:
Unicorn Poop
Banana Ice-Cream
Watermelon Shark
Dutch Apple Pie-lettes

Future Swaps:
Ramadaan Girly Swap (June)
Children's Card Swap (June)
Crafty Supply Swap
Lil' & Big Book Swap
Survival Swap
Hijab & Accessory Swap
Alif, Baa, Ta Swap

Children's Competitions
Qur'an Art Competition - winner link
Qur'an Chef Competition



Labels: ,

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 7:36 PM | Permalink


6 Comments:


At 3:57 AM, Blogger Fruitful Fusion

Oh I love your list!!! I have loads of scraps of paper with list scrawled on them and just recently started using teux deux to eliminate all of that! Looking forward to your creations. Bittawfeeq in sha Allah! xxx

 

At 7:37 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Jazak'Allahu khair sis :)
This 'list' thing really works for me, once I write (or type it) I can pretty much get things done :)
This Eid we're having a 'Jungle Book' theme, so all the jungle book stuff is pretty much what I need to start with.
xox

 

At 2:09 AM, Blogger Kat McNally

I recently bought a book that, as a designer and all-round creative person, I think you will really like. It's called "Cultural Connectives: Bridging the Latin and Arabic Alphabets" by Rana Abou Rjeily. Really beautiful and powerful.
Salaam.
x

 

At 5:20 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Hey Kat,
Thanks for much for the visit, and the book suggestion - appreciate it very much! I am adding it to my reading list. :)

 

At 11:59 AM, Blogger Salihah

Fun ideas, ukhti! I love the crochet flower. My neighbor made an 'Eid banner last year from scrapbook paper. I keep meaning to make one each year but still haven't! I look forward to seeing yours, insha'Allah.

 

At 12:34 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Thanks Salihah, I actually finished the banner..but it was for a magazine, so I have to wait to see if I can post up a pic of it.. BUT I will be doing an Eid Banner giveaway sometime in June insha'Allah :)

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts