Ice-Cream from Bananas
Monday, January 07, 2013
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

I was busy experimenting today...with ice-cream!
I have ALWAYS wanted to try this out... making ice-cream with bananas. I think bananas are an awesome fruit and I dig ice-cream - I can't see where it could wrong.

Finally tried it out, and now realize I should have done this sooner.
My lab rats (familia - don't tell them I called them that) gave me mixed answers - from "this is the best ice-cream ever" to "I don't like the flavor". I personally liked it - but now am on a mission to try out new flavors.
Below is what I did today:

Sorry pictures aren't good... I'm beginning to understand that Photography is not a talent a possess.



Serves 2
1 1/2 peeled medium bananas - sliced into coins and frozen until solid (2-3 hours)

3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 teaspoons maple syrup
Walnuts - chopped



: : Blend bananas in food processor until they are the consistency of soft serve ice cream, scrap down the sides, and blend. You MUST use a food processor - otherwise you're on you own.
: : Blend in peanut butter, maple syrup and walnuts, and transfer to a freezer container and freeze until solid.




Variations I want to try:
- strawberries and vanilla (optional: cream)
- chocolate (cocoa) and chocolate (I don't even like chocolate - but I might get more votes) - I will be trying this today!


Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 3:08 PM | Permalink


0 Comments:


Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts