Cream Cheese Spirals
Friday, September 14, 2012
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

It's been a while since I've posted a recipe... erm.. I've had a kitchen allergy the last few months. But what to do when you run outta your cookie supply..haha

Anyway, I'm sure they are many versions of this recipe..but this is mine, tweaked to my liking.
It's a fairly easy recipe, doesn't use too many ingredients, and looks pretty enough to serve to guest. Oh..and of course it's tasty, I don't post any recipe disaster on my site.


Makes 32

1 cup butter
1/2 cup cream cheese
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp maple essence (or vanilla essence)

2 cups flour

: : Beat all the above ingredients.
: : Add in the flour to make a dough
: : Divide the dough in half. If it's too soft, put it in the refrigerator for 15 mins.
: : Roll each ball into a circle (about the size of a dinner plate)

1 cup walnuts chopped finely
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tblsp cinnamon powder

1 egg white

: : Mix the walnuts, sugar and cinnamon together
: : Brush the egg white on the dough rounds, and sprinkle with mix
: : Cut the dough in quarter, and then two more cuts in each quarter (i.e: so one round make 16)
: : Roll each piece - starting with the bigger side
: : Place on greased tray, egg tops of cookie and sprinkle with brown/white sugar (I used both)

: : Bake at 375 F .. for 15-20 minutes
: : Allow to cool and gobble them up - with some tea *swoon*

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 2:52 PM | Permalink


10 Comments:


At 8:00 PM, Blogger Meream

Those DO look tasty!

 

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Hey Meream, thank you so much for the lovely comment and the visit :)
You know, they really ARE! Everyone who has eaten them likes them, and I definitely will be making more :)

 

At 9:10 AM, Blogger Maryam

mashallah they look yummy...bet they didn't last long!

 

At 5:08 AM, Blogger Anisa umm imran

masha`allah sis that looks yummy and yes indeed another version ... i just made something similar with chocolate in the middle .... masha`allah lovely blog sis

 

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum my dearest sis,
Jazaki'Allahu khair for the visit and lovely comment.

CHOCOLATE... oh my, I never thought of that. I wonder how Nutella would taste..humm.. thank you so much.. I think I'm going to try it out.

xx

 

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum MARYAM
Forgive me.. I didn't see your comment.

Jazaki'Allahu khair for the visit.

LOL..no they are long gone.. I must make more though, this time with chocolate.

Take care
xx

 

At 5:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Salaams Sister,

You are so creative!! Those look delish!

I live in the Toronto area and am inquiring as to what brands of vanilla extract are halal and where I can find them? I have found some brands but they all contain alcohol.

Thanks for your help!
Salma

 

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum dearest Salma,
Jazaki'Allahu khair for the lovely comment and visiting me :)

You'll have to buy the imitation one. Believe it or not, the dollar store sells one (I forget the brand name)...it's actually pretty good.

I usually get the one made by "Guyanese Pride" .. sold in most Caribbean. It tastes good. Looks like this: http://westindianshop.com/ProductImages/G1856D.jpg
*make sure not to get the "mixed essence" that will taste different.

If you want pure vanilla (no alcohol) really good for special occasions it's available in the US. I can get you more info on that if you are interested. Once we even found it in Winners. Ya..I know, weird.

Hope that helps.
Happy baking!
xx

 

At 11:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Thanks so much for the information! What's the name of the one that you found at Winners? Maybe I'll stop by Winners one day soon.

 

At 2:16 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum Salma,
No problemo, you inspired me to do a new post.. check it out, it has pictures!

I'm sorry, I don't remember the brand found in Winners, and it was a while ago. If you see any, just read the labels.

Take care
xx

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts