Football Thobe and Kufi
Sunday, November 04, 2012
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

So I was busy sewing and crocheting! I managed to sew the boys (nephews) thobes that have a 'football' look to it and to crochet kufis (skull caps) to match. They really liked them alhumduliLlah since they are into football...now more into boxing! (I can't keep up)



This is the side. They chose the numbers - painted on the sleeve and on the front. The football laces and lines around the sleeves are mesh fabric sewn on.


The back. I left it plain but decided to add a hood with a mesh lining - so it's looks more 'sporty'.


On one sleeve I painted their name.


Kufi (skull cap) with  the football laces. This is my own made up pattern, which I don't want to do again..haha I'm  not sure I can understand the chicken scratch I tried to write down.


Side view. Happy little guy! This was his Eid clothing!


Labels: ,

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 4:09 PM | Permalink


8 Comments:


At 4:55 PM, Blogger Magz and Mez

Ahh, these outfits are too adorable, especially the caps!

http://sophisticated-sisters.blogspot.com.au/

 

At 7:19 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Thanks so much SisterS :)
Appreciate the comment and the visit!
xx

 

At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Maashaa'Allah Farhana, this is sooooo cool. Amazing work!!! Maryam from London

 

At 4:27 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Jazaki'Allahu khair dearest Maryam!!
Always a pleasure to have you visit my blog :)
xx

 

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Fruitful Fusion

Oh wow! This is all so amazing Farhana! Ma sha Allah! Oh btw my son is in to the *ahem* real football ...lol!
xxx

 

At 5:03 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

hahaha... oh the real thing huh.. *cheesy grin*
Thanks so much sis :)

Love Farhana

 

At 9:38 AM, Blogger UmmIthnayn

Sr Farhana, Can you please tell me what materials you used for the thobe....and SUbhanALlah u made the crochet kufi...MashAllah....I dont know crochet can I try to sey it from material...

 

At 11:31 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum my dearest sis,
The material for the thobes was just regular polyester fabric I found, it's a little heavier (so it falls nicely) but soft, and the inside of the hood was made with mesh fabric. Any dark brown fabric should work well, and if you can't find mesh any white will work.

As for the kufi, I've never tried sewing a kufi. I suppose it could work out. Let me know how it turns out ..please contact me here (amtullah79@yahoo.ca)..if it doesn't turn out to your liking, I can see if I have time to crochet one for you (if you're in no rush).

Jazaki'Allahu khair for the visit :D
xx

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts