Mural Update
Tuesday, January 08, 2013
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Just a quick update on the mural. I've started painting... but it's been a slow process with everything else I'm working around.


It's too big for me to take a nice pic.

I am having a blast painting it! Makes me feel like a little kid again!


Recently I read Acrylic Secrets by Gill Barron. It's got a lot of great tips and techniques in that have been helpful in this project. Check it out if you have some time.


My GoodReads review on it:
Excellent book! I've been painting for years (on and off) but still consider myself a novice, so I've benefited greatly going through this book. I'm working on a mural now and have already used some of the tips mentioned.

There is enough info to have you start (right from choosing the subject) and complete a painting without having to learn the hard way - i.e. avoiding errors and learning short cuts (or easier methods)

I'd definitely recommend it to anyone new to acrylics

5 stars

Labels: ,

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 9:10 AM | Permalink


10 Comments:


At 8:20 AM, Blogger Fruitful Fusion

Oh wow! Ma sha Allah! So, how big is this thing??? :)

 

At 5:06 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum my dearest Fruitful Fusion!!
Always lovely to see you.
Jazaki'Allahu khair for the comment and visit.
Oh.. erm..it's about 8.5 feet by 6 feet (if I remember correctly)...the room is not big enough for me to stand further and take the pic :/ .... let's hope once it's complete I figure something out :)

xx

 

At 2:33 PM, Blogger down2earthsmiles

Mashallah, this is just beautiful!! Now I'm tempted to try this...I had this little wall just at the entrance...hmm...let's see, ia! Jzk for the inspiration!

 

At 3:39 PM, Blogger Farzeen

Assalaamu'alaykum wa rahmatullah

It even looks awesome in a picture.. mashaAllah! I don't think I'd feel like a kid painting the way you do. Kids are allowed to paint outside the lines.. you, my friend, are not :). You're not even allowed to sneeze when you paint.. :D

I really do like the techniques you used so far, especially so with the cliff looks.. oh and the sea is pretty awesome too, mashaAllah :).

Truly, a masterpiece! (masha Allahu wa lillahil hamd!)

 

At 1:11 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam

Jazaki'Allahu khair to the both of you :)

haha... down2earthsmiles, if you try it out please let me know! I'd love to see how it turns out.

xx

 

At 7:09 PM, Blogger Crafty Lil' Muslimahs

Salaam! We really love the mural. Did you use acrylic paints on it? Can't wait for you to finish it. Please visit our blog auntie!

 

At 11:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

As salamu alaykum dear Farhana, you every time amaze me with a new project!!! A BIGGGGG WOW. Maashaa'Allah what a creativity. Love from London, Maryam

 

At 12:41 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Aww.. I'm sorry my little crafty Muslimahs, insha'Allah I will visit.. I was busy the last few weeks. Yes these are acrylic paints :) .. I'm planning to finish it by the end of the month (I really need to set a due date, or I'll never get it done).

Wa'alaykum as-salaam my dearest Maryam, you're just toooo sweet, tabarak'Allah.

xx

 

At 7:08 PM, Blogger Hajar Alwi

As'salaamualaikum Farhana!

Pretty painting! At first there I thought it was the Great Wall of China! Is it? :D

 

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam dearest Hajar,
Thank you SO much for the comment.
LOL@the great wall of china, let me tell you - I NEED to get this done, it's taking up way too much room in the house, and right now I have new clients who need illustrations done! :/

xx

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts