Wufoo Panda
Sunday, April 01, 2012
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

I'm finally back to sewing, and thought I'd share something with you.
This is a dress for my niece who adores Kung Fu Panda (but pronounces it wufoo panda). She's 2 years old...(that's the dress size).


The dress pattern is from this site: ikatbag
I absolutely LOVE her blog, and just floored at how talented and creative she is. She's also nice enough to share a lot of her patterns and ideas.


Front of the dress.

Back of the dress. "Love"

Here is the pattern for the pandas. I cut them out in felt and just stitched them on. Simple enough, and I really dig the mix of felt with paint (bamboo)... I'll probably end up doing more using this idea.


Here is the pattern for the bamboo. Check this link for a tutorial: Stenciling
It's worth learning how to do it, I've done stenciling SO many times! I'll share other work I've done in future posts.
Happy sewing! If anyone tries this out, or even just makes the dress .. please share with ME! I love seeing what others are doing.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 3:19 PM | Permalink


7 Comments:


At 6:18 PM, Blogger LiEr

That is so beautiful! I love the bamboo and the "ai" at the back of the dress. Thank you for inviting me to come see what you've done with the pattern. I'm glad you used it, and made this beautiful dress with it!

 

At 6:28 PM, Blogger Ummu Noora

you are awesome m'lady.this is gorgeous!v pro looking! :D

 

At 10:20 PM, Blogger Mona Zenhom

Well done, She's gonna love it.

 

At 2:04 PM, Blogger Fruitful Fusion

It's so cute ma sha Allah. I'm sure she'll love it! Missed your posts! xxx

 

At 5:52 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Thank you SO much everyone for the lovely comments.

LiEr, I LOVE the pattern (and your site)...I just finished trying the 'boys overalls' out...will post soon.

Ummu Noora... haha, I'm try to work on the 'pro' look... :> *don't tell anyone I don't really know what I'm doing*

Mona.. she's very happy with it, alhumduliLlah.

Fruit Fusion, I missed you and the blog world! Hopefully I can make this year a little better than last. Sorry for not visiting often :(

 

At 12:01 PM, Blogger Salihah

Masha'Allah, ukhti! So cute! I need to sew again. I did it professionally for years and burned out from it. But your blog is inspiring me to dust off my sewing table!

 

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Thank you so much Salihah for the lovely comments and stopping by :)
...oh so that's what happens after sewing for so long..haha, maybe just sew 'fun' easy projects :) ........ if you do decide to dust off that sewing table of yours, please post up some of your work :)

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts