Tagged And Tagged Again
Thursday, February 21, 2008
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Please forgive me my dear readers for taking so long to post something (insha'Allah it's not just anything).. and my apologies to all those who have tagged me, and are waiting for some kind of response on my end. Jazak'Allahu khair for thinking of me and for your patience.


Note: I am not tagging anyone for these (and I have my reasons), but you are more than welcome to do any and don't forget to let me know, so I can visit your page, insha'Allah.

Well here it is:
I have been tagged by Al-Miskeenah, Don't Be Sad, A Wayfarer's Journey, The Imam's Daughter, Prism of thoughts...
Rules:
1. Pick up the nearest book (of at least 123 pages)
2. Open the book to page 123
3. Find the 5th sentence
4. Post the next 3 sentences
5. Tag 5 people

Taken from The Book Of Assistance by Imam 'Abdullah Ibn 'Alawi Al-Haddad
"How many good things has He given you! How many a favour has He granted you! He is your Lord and Guardian, Who created and guided you, to whom your life and your death belong, Who gives you to eat and drink, Who provides and looks after you, Who shelters you and gives you refuge."
AlhumduliLlah.



Next up:
1. Link to the person that tagged you, in my case, Hijabi Apprentice
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog

1. I have to eat (dinner) after Maghrib salaat - whether it is at 4pm or 9pm..that's just the way it goes.
2. I absolutely love driving, however, never, never ask me directions if you want to reach the right destination.
3. I think pop/soda has absolutely NO benefit, I don't drink it, refuse to buy it (even if it's on the grocery list - someone in the house has to make a special trip for that), and won't even pass it to you!
4. I can't stand inconsiderate behaviour, and totally love those who are considerate.
5. I love mint and maple flavouring - be it in chocolate, ice-cream, cake, toothpaste..hehe
6. When I'm mad, upset, annoyed, confused (and I'm sure there is more to that list), I go quiet..very quiet.



And:
I was tagged for this excellent meme, by The Muslimah, and Gulnarita
Rules
1. List 6 actions or achievements you think every person should accomplish before turning 18. There are no conditions on what can be included on the list.
2. Tag 6 more people and leave them a comment telling them they’ve been tagged.

1. Establish all your salaat, on time, and with full concentration.
2. Memorize the Qur'an, and constantly reflect on its meaning.
3. Don't talk a lot. Learn to say only what is best - this includes what you type.
4. Pray for the deceased, so that when you die someone will pray for you, insha'Allah.
5. Make it a habit to pray Surah al-Mulk every night.
6. Help others, as much as you possibly can.. either physically, through your prayers, by donating money (even if it is only one dollar), donating items, your time, etc. - Help others and Allah will help you, insha'Allah.

There we have it people. I hope I didn't miss any tags, or names of people who took the time to tag me. Sorry if I did.

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 10:46 AM | Permalink


14 Comments:


At 1:31 PM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

Asalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Baraktuhu,

Dearest Farhana,

Thank you for taking the time to complete my meme! Oh I get really quiet too when I am super mad.

ma'a salaamah,

ha

 

At 1:55 PM, Blogger J Lev

Salams

Thanks for doing the meme! :) It's always really interesting learning new tidbits about you.

I agree with you 100% on "Learn to say only what is best - this includes what you type." Man.. I really need to follow that advice more seriously. I'm trying. You're always so encouraging in the most beautiful, gentle and positive way.

Is there maple flavoured toothpaste? LOL

When I'm mad I just cry and cry uncontrollably. It's really weird and that's why I try at all costs to avoid confrontations!

:*

 

At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

Asalaamu alikum wa rahmatullah,

Firstly, jazak'allah khair for taking the time for completing the meme- very few people did. Also, it was really good of your to share the beneficial knowledge from that kitaab. I enjoyed reading the quote.

Secondly, the post wasn't just "anything" as you speculated. Its curious- the eating with the rhythm of the day- how far many of us have gone from nature. Surely, time, our time is quite artificial and to eat at 6pm (or any set time) each day is somehow out of sync with everything else. To eat after magrib is the next step up from seasonal eating-- we all do it in Ramadan, why not do it during the year...Perhaps I might try it, insha'allah.

Kind regards,

Dont be sad

 

At 9:51 AM, Blogger ZORRO

Dearest Farhana,
...Allah does work in mysterious ways... This morning was the end to a most 'difficult' week, emotionally, and BOOOOOMM!!!! there was your 'quote'... it hit me like a freight train!! and so, the end to my nagging & complaints.. Thanks TONS for the reminder!! Allah surely guided me to your blog this morning, ha, ha!!

 

At 9:52 AM, Blogger ZORRO

...by the way, it's me, Aishah Bey, ha!

 

At 11:43 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest guest,

Jazak'Allahu khair for the comments, much appreciated.

Hijabi, alhumduliLlah.. you know, I can see the many downfalls to becoming very quiet, but I am so happy it is this way than saying something that is usually regretted. Just one word can take a person to Hell. May Allah save us from that. Ameen.

Gulnarita, haha..I'm running out of tidbits!
Jazaki'Allahu khair for your sweet words.
I'm totally with you on that.. it is much safer to avoid confrontations..no matter how we react.
Haha..nope, no maple flavoured toothpaste 'yet'..insha'Allah one day! Ooh, that would just be soo lovely!

Don't Be Sad, barak'Allahu feek. AlhumduliLlah, I am very happy you enjoyed the quote and found my most more than just 'anything'.
Haha.. insha'Allah I hope you get to try it out (eating after Maghrib), it'll feel like Ramadaan..well, okay ..not totally.. unless you add a little extra fasting ;)

Aishah, I am so so happy the quote was of benefit to you, alhumduliLlah. May Allah Most Merciful make it easy for you in this world and in the next. Ameen.
Yuppers, we all need reminders once in a while, and when Allah blesses us with a reminder when it is needed the most, subhan'Allah.. there is just no words to describe it.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Lots of Love
Farhana

 

At 6:27 PM, Blogger Umm Layth

as salamu alaykum

mashaallah, your list is great. We could save ourselves many problems by applying such basic things, subhana'allah.

 

At 3:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

machAllah!! I discover your blog! it's really very nice

 

At 8:35 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sisters Umm Layth and Sabrina,

Jazak'Allahum khair for the comments.

Umm Layth, that is so so true!

Sabrina, I am very happy you discovered my blog, insha'Allah I hope I get to see you often :)

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 4:03 AM, Blogger Islamic Notebook

Assalamu Alaikum warahmatullah Sr. Farhana, mashaAllah 3 in one!! That's really interesting that you eat after Maghrib - how did you get this idea? Also, i don't drink soda either - i stopped while dieting in college and never looked back. However, i recently discovered a way to make ginger ale from scratch by boiling diced ginger in water until water is reduced by half, pouring off the syrup into a jar and adding a jar of honey. Then i buy spring fizzy water and add ginger syrup to taste. It is very delicious and healthy for the winter, especially if ginger tea is a bit too strong for your taste. Ok take care sister.

 

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Jazaki'Allahu khair for visiting me! :) Haha.. yes, I was way behind on my tags.. I had to resort to a 3 in one.

I think eating after Maghrib salaat stemmed from Ramadaan, but it's also works well in my routine of things. Between Maghrib and Isha I have just enough time to pray, eat, clean the kitchen, if there is extra time..pray some Qur'an, and then it's time for salaat ul-Isha'.

Your ginger ale from scratch sounds yummy. I love ginger! I wonder how it will taste with milk rather than fizzy water.. (of course it's not ginger ale anymore)..I should try in, insha'Allah. Jazaki'Allahu khair for sharing it with me.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 5:13 PM, Blogger CordieB

Great blog.

8 things everyone should do before 18.

I wasn't exactly tagged, at least I don't think I was, but I would like to contribute:

1. Plant a seed.
2. Nurture it; Watch it grow.
3. Say I love you.
4. Thank God for all blessings and numerate them until you get tired.
5. Watch the sun set
6. Watch the sun rise
7. Gaze at the moon and stars, and see the wonders of God.
8. Love yourself, for you are made my the almighty.

Peace, Light and Love you and yours . . .
http://cordieb.wordpress.com
Thanks sketchdsoul for your inspiring comment.

 

At 7:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

oohhh I love the slice of knowledge from the Book of Assistance, jazakillah for sharing it :)

and i agree with all your points and more on reaching the age of 18.

I love mint... :)

 

At 12:28 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

My dear CorieB, thank you so much for taking the time to stop by and leave a list of your 8 things before 18. Love your list!


Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Adikbongsu,

Jazaki'Allahu khair for your comment.

Barak'Allahu feek, I am happy you loved it :)

And that you love mint..yaaaay!! So now I know, when you come over..I'll be serving mint tea..with the chocolate cake!

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts