The Never Ending Swap
Saturday, January 19, 2008
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu


In Islam, a gift is of extraordinary value.. not because of the cost, or the item, or the size.. but because it was given with good intentions.. be it just a smile, or kind word. Here is another chance to purify our intentions, by giving with an open heart and receiving with open arms.

Details of swap: List four items in the Comments section of what you are willing to send to someone (store bought or handmade), keeping the description vague (to keep it a surprise), include your email address.

The next person will tag you for one of your items (and email you with their mailing address), they will also put up a list of 4 more items, and their email address.
Note: You can only pick from the last person in line.

Re-cap:

  • List 4 items (vague description).
  • Include your email address.

  • Next Person:
  • Tag you for one of your items. (email you with their address)
  • List 4 items (vague description)
  • Include email address.

  • Keep it fun!

    Participants allowed: International (open to Females only please).

    Ages allowed: All ages.

    Cost Limit: $3 maximum.

    Rules:

  • Gifts should be sent out within 2 weeks!!!
  • Email ME (amtullah79@yahoo.ca) once you receive AND send out something. I will keep record right on this post so others know what is going on. (2 weeks and no mention of shipping out, automatically puts you on the 'flakers' list).
  • You can participate more than once.
  • Note: If your post gets deleted (by me) it means you can not participate - because you haven't sent out a gift from previous swaps.


    Participants:

  • Sketched Soul - sent
  • Aishah Bey - sent (received)
  • Umm Layth - sent (received)
  • Adikbongsu - sent (received)
  • Hafsa - sent (received)
  • Al Miskeenah - sent (received)
  • Sis Zabrina - sent
  • IslamicGems - sent (received)
  • Umm Hibaat - sent (received)
  • Gulnarita - (received) sent
  • UmmUmarNY - sent (received)
  • IslamicGems - (received)


  • Flakers:

  • Labels:

     
    posted by Sketched Soul at 11:53 AM | Permalink


    20 Comments:


    At 1:37 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

    As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu..

    Okay...here goes,
    I offer you:

    :: Something sweet
    :: Something you can decorate with
    :: Something blue
    :: Something you can write on

    Email me at amtullah79@yahoo.ca with your address once to pick one, and add 4.

    Wa'alaykum as-salaam
    Love Farhana

     

    At 4:02 PM, Blogger ZORRO

    Assalamu'alaikum my dear,
    ..this one is going to be really fun, I'm sure!! Well, well... I have for you:
    ...pages and a sandal,
    ...finger/toe beads,
    ...kitchen helpers,
    ...thought keepers

    and I pick the "something blue"...

    keep well, and Salaams to everyone at home!!!
    Love, Aishah Bey at ummumarny@gmail.com

     

    At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    wa 'alaykum as Salamu wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu

    My first time participating on your site. I couldn't really resist this one, masha'Allah.

    I have:

    :: Something that smells very good
    :: Something very cute
    :: Something green (maybe neon green)
    :: Something lovely for a child

    I pick... pages and a sandal.

    My email addy is ummlayth @ gmail.com

    Much love
    -Asmaa

     

    At 5:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Assalamu'alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakahtu,

    Masya'Allah...this is fun and exciting. I'm all ready to participate. So here goes...

    choose :

    - for body
    - for mind
    - for soul
    - for health

    i pick...Something very cute

    my email is seri.mahmood@nie.edu.sg

    yours sincerely,
    Adikbongsu

     

    At 7:17 AM, Blogger Hafsa

    assalamu alaykum,

    I pick soemthing for the soul..

    options i offer are:
    1. something for a book
    2. something for your hijab
    3. something for your room
    and 4. something for adornment

     

    At 7:19 AM, Blogger Hafsa

    and opps, my email's hafsa48 [a t] yahoo [d o t] c o m

     

    At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Assalamu alaikum, You come up with the most amazing ideas dear sister Farhana! Alhudmulillah.
    ~something zany
    ~something repetitive
    ~something fragrant
    ~something beginning with b
    And I choose something for adornment
    My email
    almadania [at] gmail [dot] com
    Wassalamu alaikum

     

    At 3:33 PM, Blogger Sis Zabrina

    Bismillaah

    As Salaamu 'alaykum and peace to all,

    Sisters *hugs*, this is absolutely fun! Ok, here's mine...

    ~ you can mark something with it
    ~ something that inspires you
    ~ you can hold something with it
    ~ something that you can look at

    I would go for something zany!

    My email is siszabrina@gmail.com

    Love, Hug and Salaam
    Sis Zabrina

     

    At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    As Salaamu Alaikum:

    This sounds like really fun. I am not that creative.

    Best wishes,
    :)
    ummabdurrahman

     

    At 1:42 PM, Blogger IslamicGems

    Asalamu Alaikum,
    I was looking through random blogs and came about this, i hope i can participate even though i don't know anyone :S

    Humm..i can offer...

    1- Something pink
    2- Something red
    3- Something blue
    4- Something orange

    and i choose "something that inspires you"

    My email address is Isamicgems@gmail.com

    :)

    -Nida

     

    At 1:45 PM, Blogger IslamicGems

    ops i mispelled m email address...

    ISLAMICGEMS@GMAIL.COM

     

    At 9:38 PM, Blogger Fruitful Fusion

    Assalaamu Alaykum,

    Ok, let's give this a go then :)

    I'm offering:
    1) something hard
    2) something soft
    3) something traditional
    4) something not (traditional)

    And I'll have something blue. My email address is ummfeejeddah@hotmail.com

    Wassalaamu Alaykum.

     

    At 2:19 PM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

    LOL @ flakers! That's why I was unable to participate; I don't want my name on the flaker's list! hehehe

    ma'a salaamah,

    ha

     

    At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Salams! I was hesitating because I was trying to figure out what little things I could contribute. Anyway I do want to participate now! Here's my stuff:

    1) Something to hang
    2) Something with a string
    3) Something with lace
    4) Something with straps

    I pick hafsa's "Something for your room" ;)

    my email is gulibaran [at] gmail [dot] com

    a bit nervous cause i hope i can do it well.

     

    At 10:46 AM, Blogger J Lev

    Farhanita! Sorry about the mix up. Please delete the above comment cause I'm unable to! :P Here's the correct entry:

    I have -

    1) Something to hang
    2) Something with a string
    3) Something with lace
    4) Something with a strap

    I pick Umm Hibaat's "something traditional".

    :D

     

    At 10:47 AM, Blogger J Lev

    my email is: gulibaran [at] gmail.com

     

    At 7:09 PM, Blogger ZORRO

    Assalamu'alaikum,
    I think it's time to get this swap "running" again!!! I'll pick Gulnari's "something with a strap", and I have, for whomever is interested...
    1- something 'refreshing'...
    2- something 'creamy'...
    3- something 'mango'...
    4- something 'bubbly'...

    Oh, and my email is ummumarny@gmail.com

     

    At 1:00 PM, Blogger IslamicGems

    Asalaamu Alaikum,
    Inshallah all is well with you, Second time participating :).

    I choose: something bubbly

    and i offer:
    1-something shiny
    2-something flowy
    3-something blue
    4-something feminine

    My email address is islamicgems@gmail.com

     

    At 7:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Assalam alaikum

    This is so kind. I could no resist.

    I choose: something shiny

    I offer:
    1. Something Islamic to read
    2. something "quilled"
    3. something to wear at your wrist
    4. something to put in a book

    Thanks.
    Happy Ramadan.
    soumyana@gmail.com

     

    At 12:26 PM, Anonymous Kristy

    Assallamu Alaykum,
    This is my first time participating.
    I Chose 2. Something "quilled" (sounds fabulous!)

    It's so exciting!!
    I offer:
    1. Something you wear
    2. Something handmade
    3. Something smelly
    4. Something you read

    My email address is:

    Muslimmamma@aol.com

     

    Post a Comment

    ~ back home
    Go to older posts

    Go to newer posts