Tying Up Loose Ends
Friday, December 21, 2007
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

Insha'Allah this post will kind of tie up some loose ends from previous posts, before the start of a new year, new goals, new projects, and new ideas.

...but first a reminder! Anyone attending the RIS conference this year? I will be collecting scarfs for the Warm The Streets drive there and donations for the orphanage.

(I designed their logo!) are kind enough to allow me to use some of their space (jazak'Allah), so you can find me at their booth, insha'Allah. Come by and say salaam! (I look forward to meeting you *sisters*)

On October 9, 2006 I asked how you organize your recipes, so I could do the same. I settled with writing them in separate books (ie: soups and salads in one, etc.) because I have so many recipes. Well..I have the books..and have written 5 recipes to date ... haha..(I know..that's sad)

The Unity Mural done in December 2006, is a gem in the Welfare Centre. The founder of the Centre, Major Abbas was so touched by the work gone into it, he would like to send a personal thank you to everyone who contributed. If you were one of the contributors, I need your permission to give the Centre your mailing address. (Let me know if you read this)

We managed to send out 27 dolls for The Muslimah Doll Project, posted in January 2007. Of which 11 of the dolls

reached an orphanage in Ethiopia around November, 2007. The organization (Amana Kids) would like to thank you for your kindness and support. The children were very pleased with them, alhumduliLlah. Sorry I couldn't get pictures *yet*.

The money raised (plus extra donated) from the Cupcake Bake Sale in June safely reached the school in Thailand in September 2007. The Principal, a few students and a few teachers sent letters of appreciation. They will use the money to buy books and cds for the library once it is built. You are welcome to send books as well. They are still in the process of collecting funds for the building, so if you are interested in helping out there, please let me know..I would be very happy to send you their contact information.

In August I posted a Pay It Forward game. I had to make something for three people and in return they will make something for another three people. Well I'm done! The gift to Hafsa was a bag but not handmade.. she was fine with that. The gift to Purvis should be on its way (it's a secret..so I can't tell you what it is). The gift to Nuh, a crocheted kufi and book was received few days ago. Check out their pages if you still want to play. Purvis (is short 1 person to gift), Nuh (is short all 3 people to gift) and Hafsa (is short either 1 or 2 people to gift).

Wayfarer won the pomegranate quiz posted in November, and received a strawberry cheesecake as her prize.

After 100 votes monArt won the tote contest from the Green Swap. Her prize was an online shopping spree. She purchased (and has already received) 6 skeins of yarn and some pretty stitch markers.

For those who knew I was re-doing the kitchen, and are wondering how the picture I had to paint turned out.. here it is. I wanted something simple, but which makes an impact when you enter the room. The actually painting is really huge, and all the walls are lilac, so the black canvas really works out well here, alhumduliLlah.


Am I missing anything??

Plans for 2008..lots! but for now, I'd like to open a new swap end of January..with an added twist, concentrate on the Orphanage in Africa project, complete the Warm the Streets project, maybe get an etsy shop started for donations, and then plan for February!

Jazak'Allah everyone for your comments, feedback, help, participation, and dua's. Some of the swaps and projects seem like a long and slow process (okay..maybe they are).. but we've accomplised a lot, we really have. AlhumduliLlah. May Allah keep our intentions pure, and guide us to do what pleases Him the most. Ameen.

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 12:03 PM | Permalink


10 Comments:


At 4:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Salam 'alaika dear Farhana,

Subhanallah...reading ur entry made me feel small. May Allah rewards you with Jannah for all the charities you've organised and the help you've extended to those who need them. Keep up the good work sis, my spirits are with you, insya'Allah :)

 

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister,

Jazak'Allah for your wonderful comments, and beautiful dua', very much appreciated. Nothing could possibly get done with all the prayers I (we) receive.

I don't know if people realize how special each short dua' you read on blogs/posts/forums, etc., is. I always think of the dua' sister Suhaa made when I posted this: http://sketchedsoul.blogspot.com/2006/12/sevenyoure-next.html apart from 3. die with the shahada on my lips, and 5. snowboarding.. I've managed to do everything else. (I might still give snowboarding a try this winter, insha'Allah).

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Sultana

Salam Alaykum Sis....Mashallah yes you are busy! But busy with good things, so May Allah reward you for your generosity to others inshallah..ameen....

Yes im feeling a bit small too as adikbongsu said!
Your picture for the litchen looks beautiful mashallah..Also the organization of recipes book by book is the best way i think...Thats the way I do it now as well...Before i just shoved all of it together!

Inshallah you get to complete your plans for 2008 and May Allah give you reward for the good you do for others.ameen....


I agree with what you said about Duas....

NOTHING can be more powerful than a heartfelt Dua!

love,sultana :)

 

At 6:14 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Sultana,

Wonderful to see you here, alhumduliLlah.

Yuppers.. if only everyone knew or realised the power of prayers. And trust me..I've tried teaching others about it..but it's like I'm speaking a different language. *grin*

Oh thank you,..glad you like the kitchen picture. It's been a while since I painted something..so it was fun. But my next painting insha'Allah, is a masjid! *I've wanted to do that for some time*

LOL.. yeah, well..uhmm.. I'm at the shoving all my recipes together stage still. And now I wonder if it's worth it to organize them..I might be dead before I use any of them, seeing how I keep looking for new things to make.

Ameen. Ameen. Jazak'Allah for all the dua's.. in this post and the many more I've had the pleasure of sharing with you. :D

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 7:29 PM, Blogger Sultana

Mashallah a Masjid :) Would you belive that my last painting was a pic of a Masjid... ha ha ha ha.... ill post a pic of it in my Sultana's Lens Blog for you to have a look inshallah....

So funny how we are so similar in some things!

 

At 11:53 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest Sultana,

Haha.. yes, we do seem to have similar interest :D

I would absolutely love to see your painting. I shall check out your other blog, insha'Allah. Thank you for letting me know about it.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 8:56 PM, Blogger Twilight

ahh I passed by the muslim child booth a gazillion times! I only wish I read this post earlier as I would have loved to meet the artsy blogger =D

 

At 9:23 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dearest sister Faith,

Aww.. this is sad :( I missed so many people! Do you have any plans to attend Muslim Fest?? I think I'm going to make a plan to meet every online person I can at Muslim Fest! Insha'Allah.

Jazak'Allah for dropping by... I hope I get to see you often.

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

At 10:21 PM, Blogger Mona Zenhom

MashaAllah Farhana that is beautiful.

 

At 5:25 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear Mona,

Jazak'Allah.. I appreciate your lovely words :)

Wa'alaykum as-salaam
Love Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts