Lily Switch Plate
Monday, September 11, 2006
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi Wa barakatuhu

The Beloved Prophet (sallallahu 'alayhi wasallam) said, "None of you truly believes (in Allah and in His religion) until he loves for his brother what he loves for himself"

A few weeks ago, we just finished up our Love For The Believer Swap, which involved making either a big item or a small item for a sister, with the sincere intention to strengthen the bonds with your sisters in Islam.

I decided to make a small item.. I wanted something different, but useful. So I came up with a switch plate. The lilies are made using clay. Insha'Allah maybe one day I can make a tutorial of how to make them. It's very easy to do, and they come out very pretty.


I was waiting for my swap partner to receive it before posting a picture.

Thank you to all the sisters who participated in this swap. There was some great things made, a gorgeous quilt, a personalized apron, a cute little bag, a little jewelry box, a whole outfit, and some bookmarks. Masha'Allah, such talented sisters.

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 1:57 PM | Permalink


6 Comments:


At 5:49 PM, Blogger J Lev

Whoa... that is BEAUTIFUL. You are so creative, you inspire me! What a nice little detail.. turning on the light and thinking of a thoughtful sister who took the time and care to make something so pretty.

 

At 8:11 AM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

Asalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Dear Farhana,

Masha Allah! You are so talented! Teach me oh creative one ;).

Reading this post I almost gave myself a heart attack! I thought this was a result of the Eid Swap that I am participating in and I was thinking, "Subhana Allah! I missed the deadline :(!" I just taught myself a valuable lesson: read the entire post prior to jumping to conclusions :).

maa salaamah

 

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu,

Jazak'Allah sisters for the wonderful comments.

Sister J.. I am so happy to hear it inspires you, that was one of the reasons I held swaps which involved making things. I know there are so many talented sisters out there, I think it's just a matter of sitting down and tapping into their creative soul.

My dear sister Hijabi Apprentice, hehe.. I am sorry, I'd hate for a post to be a cause of any heart attacks. Masha'Allah, however it's so nice to know you are someone who doesn't like to miss deadlines. (we need more people in the world like that)

Ma'salaama
Farhana

 

At 4:11 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu Asma,

Jazak'Allah my dear sister. :)

 

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

Ooooohhhhh...that would go perfectly in my room. I am making that--my new project! Thanks for the idea + example.

 

At 11:06 AM, Blogger Sketched Soul

As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sister,

Jazak'Allah for dropping by :) and for the wonderful comments.

Please let me know how it turns out :)

Ma'salaama
Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts