Let's Go To The Ex!
Sunday, September 03, 2006
As-salaamu'alaykum wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu

That's what I spent my long weekend doing.. checking out the Canadian National Exhibition! I manage to go every year, and always have a wonderful time. There is sooo much to see and do, that you don't even get to see it all. They have a Craft and Art area, rides, games, different shows, etc.,

And my favourite (which is why I go) is the International Show/Bazaar.


Where vendors from all over the world come and sell things. Some places included, Germany, Russia, Thailand, Iran, Kenya, Egypt, China, India, Peru, Cuba, Cambodia, etc.

I however, didn't buy anything for myself... but managed to find a tasty treat for my swap partner, insha'Allah. But it was still fun.

My second favourite is checking out the animals... from goats to ostriches!


And for any sisters (and brothers) who don't know this.. when someone says salaam to you, it is your Islamic duty to reply! Isn't that one of the many wonderful things about being a Muslim. When you see another sister you can say salaam to her, even though you have no idea who she is, and may never ever see her again. Anyway, it just surprised me how many people (at the show) lack such manners, that's all.


Nasai narrates from Hazrat Abu Hurairah that the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alyhi wa-salaam) said, "There are rights of a Muslim over a Muslim: Responding to salaam, visiting the sick, following the bier (A platform upon which the corpse rests), accepting an invitation (to a meal) and blessing a person who sneezes."

It has been narrated from Hazrat Ali that the Holy Prophet (sallallahu alyhi wa-salaam) said, "Commonly in Islam there are six rights of a Muslim upon a Muslim: when he meets him he should give him salaam; when he invites him (to a meal) he should accept it; when he sneezes he should bless him; when he falls ill he should visit him; when he dies he should accompany his funeral and he should prefer for him that which he prefers for himself."

Labels:

 
posted by Sketched Soul at 7:27 PM | Permalink


2 Comments:


At 7:38 AM, Blogger Hijabi Apprentice

Asalaamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuhu,

Dear Farhana,

Wow! It sounds like you had a great time at the expo. Growing up we used to go to an international expo in Portland, OR and I loved it.

Thank you for posting the salaam reminder. I find it sad when our brothers and sisters in Islam deny one another their rights thus denying themselves the reward of fulfilling those rights.

ma'a salaamah

 

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Sketched Soul

Wa'alaykum as-salaam wa Rahmatu Llahi wa Barakatuhu my dear sister,

Oh yes.. I had a blast! And the expo even has a salaat room (alhumduliLlah)!! Isn't that so wonderful?!

Interesting. I wonder how many other places hold an International expo.

Ma'salaama
Farhana

 

Post a Comment

~ back home
Go to older posts

Go to newer posts